I got thing setup and Isaac and I fiddled for awhile trying to work out why the mikes wouldn't work.
I hadn't turned on the phantom power. Yeah I'm a professional.
We headed off to the local big barn home improvement place while J finished off so I could get a small screwdriver set for my gear bag (so I can change batteries easily on the DI) and nuts and bolts and washers to put the rack gear into the rack I am getting tomorrow. FUNFUNFUN
We fiddled with mike placement. Well, Isaac fiddled with mike placement, I just made things difficult because I kept moving.
He called the song we were going to work on. He had liked Need but agreed with me that the way I was playing it was just too frantic. I had a change in my head but I hadn't worked it out yet. I played a bit and we both came up at the same time that it really needed to be fingerpicked. I'm REALLY pleased with the new version. It is very sparse, has a great deal of space in it and with the settings Isaac came up with for the midiverb it has a REALLY cool sound.
Snow came back and we chattered with him a bit. He got to hear the track and agreed that it sounded cool.
We recorded In Crosby Park. I am still uncertain on the new middle section, but I am going to work with it today.
Then I headed off to meet with some old friends