StrowlerCon is October 8-10 in Woburn, MA, and we are going to rock like you would not believe.
Join us in the Grand Ballrooms of the Woburn Holiday Inn, just north of Boston, on Columbus Day weekend — October 8th-10th, 2010 — for three nights of entertainment (live music, circus arts, burlesque) and two days of workshops, panels and other activities, including a special 10/10/10 celebration, and a Maker Showcase featuring inventions and material creations as well as artwork by local creators and attendees.
Click there to buy tickets - $45 for the weekend, $25 per day for day passes (so if you're going for more than one day, it pays to just buy the $45 weekend pass). To reserve your hotel room, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't go but want to support StrowlerCon and sponsor a strowler? We have supporting memberships, and they come with goodies.
Okay. You have the technical details. But 'song, you say, what did you say about ROCKING?
Here you GO.
Friday night: Concerts by SJ Tucker, Kellianna, and Gypsy Nomads, and the MONSTERS' BALL featuring SJ Tucker, Catherynne Valente, Lee Harrington, and other special guests!
* Day One of a two-day intensive writing workshop with Catherynne Valente (yuki_onna)!
* Sacred Kink and Rope Sex workshops with the amazing Lee Harrington!
* Burlesque workshop!
* Guitar workshop with Ben Deschamps!
* Costuming workshop with cluegirl, the Wandering Legion, and Lady Cyanide!
* Poi-spinning tutorial with K Wiley (omnisti)!
* A reading by yuki_onna!
* Panels about Making Your Own Way; Strowlers in Myth, Legend, and Folklore; disaster stories from street theater; and Meet the Performers sessions with Tricky Pixie and Sharon Knight!
Saturday night: Concerts by Tricky Pixie, Sharon Knight, Heather Dale, and Kellianna - and a naughty nightime show, Vagabond Vaudeville: Mountebanks, Shewers of Tricks, and Wanderers of Fortune, with tawdry circus performers, bodacious burlesque by Rogue Burlesque, a rope show by Lee Harrington, MCing by the infamous lightcastle, and so much more! (This will probably be your only chance to see me tied up on stage, I am just saying. So if that is relevant to your interests, hey!)
* VIP brunch to celebrate 10:10:10!
* Day Two of the writing workshop!
* Maskmaking workshop with ioianthe of The Uncommon Facade!
* Busking for Beginners with cluegirl!
* Juggling for Beginners with slipjig!
* Circus Arts for Beginners with Frank Mohr!
* Improv workshop with Frank Mohr!
* Vocal workshop with Sharon Knight!
* Origami workshop with Andrew Anselmo!
* Gentlemen's Duelling with the Wandering Legion!
* "Zen for Clowns" - Beginning Contact Juggling and Object Manipulation with Russ Sharek!
* A reading by me!
* An hour with s00j and yuki_onna!
* Accessory-making workshop with cluegirl, Lady Cyanide, and potentially others!
* Panels on cross-media collaboration (with s00j, yuki_onna, kythryne, and me) and Music as Magic; Meet the Performers sessions with s00j, yuki_onna, Heather Dale, and the Gypsy Nomads!
Sunday night: Concerts by Heather Dale, Sharon Knight, and the Gypsy Nomads, and the StrowlerCon Challenge - a no-holds-barred open mic where you might actually get to see me dance.
All of this AND a maker showcase and art show and vendors including Kythryne of Wyrding Studios, rivenwanderer of purpleshiny, Dark Siren Designs, Parrish Relics, Red Fork Empire, Behind the Mask, and many more, with demos going all the time!
So buy those tickets (only $45 for all of this!), reserve that hotel room, and come have truly epic amounts of fun at StrowlerCon. This is going to rock. your. socks.
An editorial comment. Strowlerfest in St Louis was astounding. If you are anywhere near the area, do not miss this.